Archive for June, 2012
Thursday, June 28th, 2012 6:00-8:00pm @ The Harmony Library
Each year we live on the Earth, we gather experiences and lessons—the good, the bad, the ones we don’t want to repeat. The very best way to share this wisdom is by writing a book.
This session will show you how easy it is to turn life’s lessons into the best legacy you could leave for your family. Write your story so that it not only captures your history, but also leaves the reader with the sense of hope, direction and your unique perspective.
Jan (class of ’67) and Rob (class of ’65) will also share their gratitude for the unique values and work ethic they attribute to growing up in Harmony. Jan is the author of Rock Solid Confidence: Presenting Yourself with Assurance, Poise and Power and Rob wrote Connecting Pease, Purpose and Prosperity. Join us for an evening of lively discussion, laugher and refreshments.
Update: Harmony read 9,010 minutes on Wednesday, June 20th. THANK YOU to all our READERS in Harmony and Also in Fillmore County!!!!!!
How Many Hours of Reading Can We Log On June 20th, 2012 (The longest day of the Year)
- The Library will Open early at 5:25am and Close Late at 12:00am (Midnight)
- Call the Library at (507)886-8133 with your reading hours so we can count them.
- Donuts and Juice in the Morning (while they Last)
- Come into the Library and Read and we will waive $1.00 of your overdue fines for every 30 minutes of reading.
- 5-Minute Story-Hour Every Hour On the Hour for all ages
- 6:00-7:30pm Cook-out on the Lawn. BYOSD (Snack Drink)
- The Incredible Shrinking Universe. Steward Observatory… The Home Of The Worlds Largest Telescopes. 8:00 p.m.
- 10:00pm –12:00 Midnight Star-Gazing on the lawn with telescopes!!